VLC Media Player is an important app for FireStick, if you are looking for a reliable audio player for your operating devices.
VLC is a free app which is an open source multimedia player for multiple platforms such as the FireStick and Fire TV.
With VLC on your FireStick you get a full fledged networking of various streams, webcams and disc devices. It has a very smooth user interface and streaming capability.
VLC has been kind enough to especially develop a separate audio player only compatible with android devices. Since FireStick is an Android operated TV box, VLC will be buttery smooth for FireStick.
VLC media player on FireStick is free media player from the developers of VideoLan Inc. It basically supports all of your running formats including the updated audio and video formats.
You can now look for subtitles too with VLC. There is a decent library for retrieving subtitles on VLC. You can stream it with any of the popular movie apps and streamers if you are not someone who likes Kodi Builds.
Notable Features of VLC for FireStick
- VLC despite its huge following and smooth user interface, is absolutely free and open to all . You will find no ads or any in-app purchases pop up while using VLC.
- VLC is known as the top most tier player which is a) free, b) compatible with all the formats tested so far and c) it caters from random to very specific network streams.
- These are some mainstream network streaming platforms for FireStick supported by VLC such as MP4, AAC, FLAC, M2TS, Ogg, MOV MKV, AVI, , TS, M2TS, Wv. These formats have no codes or require any specialized downloading methods.
- You get to have an organized library for both audio and video files with your VLC player. When you have FireStick on your VLC, you can browse for all the downloaded media directly form your Fire TV/ FireStick.
- There are auto generated features in the updated version of VLC such as gesture control for brightness, volume and auto-rotation of the display. You can also look for multi track audio adjustments which you may not find on nay other audio player.
- The best part about VLC is its codecs packs. VLC plays mist of the audio streaming codecs without requiring any code packs to be installed separately. Some of the supported codec packs are MKV, WMV, WebM, MPEG-2 and much more.
There are many other audio players in the market but we highly recommend you the VLC because of its effective and neat management of your audio libraries.
You can sideload on Your FireStick and even use it when you cast your phones and PCs to your Fire TV.
We will walk through step by step method on how you can easily download VLC player on FireStick in few quick beats.
Lets Dig right into.
Before you Proceed, Please Read…
While most of you may or may not know, Governments and ISPs worldwide have a strict check on their users online activities. In case, any copyrighted content is found streaming, you can land into serious consequences which may be as severe as suspending of your online account. Please know, that your current IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone. We therefore urge you to get started with a reliable Firestick VPN immediately. This will help cover your identity via VPN’s multiple servers, while giving you the premium viewing experience.
IPVanish has been the fastest and most reliable secure VPN we have come across so far. Their servers are widespread and strictly secured. The VPN is very easy to install and user-friendly on every device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are not sure about the app, it comes with a 7-day money back guarantee with a refund. IPVanish also has a very attractive deal in which, when paid for a whole year subscription you can avail 46% discount on your annual plan!
Register for IPVanish VPN, by clicking on the link
- On your FireStick device, go to the homepage and type in and search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ in your search bar.
- Click on the IPVanishVPN you see in your search.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, you would need to register with the username and password information you must have provided while registering.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘Connect’.
- Soon you would be connected. You can disconnect from the connection whenever you wish to stop using a VPN.
Installation Guide for VLC Player on FireStick
Fire up your FireStick.
(VLC Media Player is available directly on Amazon App Store.)
Make sure for this step, your internet is in full swing and you are connected to your Wi-Fi network close by.
Go the search bar of your main FireStick.
Type ‘VLC’ in the search bar with the help of your FireStick remote.
In all the options displayed infront of you look for the option of ‘VLC for Fire TV’.
Select the icon pop up in the window that follows.
Now proceed with downloading the app on your Fire TV.
If you have installed it already or has been installed in your device already, you will get the option of ‘Get’.
Click on it for proceeding.
Wait for a few seconds for the application to successfully install on your FireStick device.
Our took upto 50 second. So be patient.
Navigate to the apps on your FireStick.
VLC Media Player is full of features as your player application. It is very much compatible with all the audio and video codec as you choose VLC Player on FireStick.
If for some reason you are unable to download VLC Player on your FireStick, here is an alternate method for downloading VLC player.
Alternate#2 – Using Apitode TV for Downloading VLC Media Player on your FireStick
If you do not know about Apitode TV, Apitode TV is a downloading domain which helps us install third party apps on our FireStick.
Usually Third Party Apps are restricted on FireStick due to fear of malicious apps and cybercrime. However all the apps and addons tested on our platform are completely free to use.
- Go to main home screen of FireStick.
- In the search bar type ‘Downloader‘.
- Click on the Downloader app pop-up in the search results..
- Click on Install if it is not installed or ‘Get’ if it already has been installed in your apps.
- Once downloaded, Open the Downloader App.
- Type in the correct link into the pathway for the direct download of the app to initiate. http://bit.ly/a323kftv
- Apitode TV will be downloaded.
- Click on install.
Once the app is downloaded, you can now proceed with using it for downloading VLC player on your FireStick.
- Navigate the Antidote App on your FireStick and open it.
- In case you see a small pop-up of ‘update available’. Ignore the pop-up.
- In the ‘top apps’ section, find the option of VLC Media Player.
- Click on the option of ‘download’ with your FireStick remote.
- Soon after the download finishes, Click on the option of Install for the download to complete.
That is all you had to do for VLC player on FireStick. You are set for streaming your favorite audio and media content.
Our Final Verdict..
VLC media player is a top-notch valuable media player which is recognized worldwide for ts smooth streaming of different audios and videos of any format.
You get to download multiple media content for free in HD quality with an added advantage of variety of downloading protocols.
Let us know in the comment section below about the best VLC player feature(s) you enjoyed the most.