Finding Firestick Setup a bit of a challenge? Don’t sweat! We are all here for taking you through simple, easy and quick tutorial for Firestick Setup.
So you have just gotten the hang of this tiny popular Amazon Firestick device and setting it up is not coming off easy.
That is all right. This little device is jammed packed with full blast of entertainment, therefore we can expect a little technicality for setting it up.
Amazon Firestick is gaining a full bloat of popularity as the best streaming device available in market. Fortunately people are here to vouch for it.
Firestick is a multi-streaming device exclusively designed and created by Amazon. It hosts a multitude of streaming services such as Kodi, Hulu, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and many other such streaming domains.
- User friendly with smooth user interface and easy navigation to get through the apps using the ‘Firestick remote’.
- The FireStick remote comes with Alexa support. You can now stream your content with your voice.
- In built Amazon Prime App store. This gives you an open access to all the amazing apps out there from the comfort of your couch.
If you have read all about Firestick, but you are still troubled for Firestick Setup, follow this tutorial step-by-step in for setting the FireStick TV on your TV for the very first time.
Wait up Though!
Before jump starting with the direct Firestick Setup, we will be mentioning some pre-requisites for consideration.
Make sure you have all these points done and dusted before going anywhere with your Amazon device. These things will not come with your Amazon Firestick.
- A Solid Working Compatible TV: This is a primary need for your FireStick to operate. Make sure you have a good working TV device with at least an HDTV and HDMI portal for plugging the Firestick in.
- A Stable Strong Internet Connection: Amazon Firestick does not come with any Internet connectivity of its own. For your FireStick to function properly you need to have a strong connection of internet at all times. You will be downloading plenty of amazing stuff, so good Wi-Fi is important!
- An Active Amazon Account: You need to have a registered amazon Firestick account. You have to be very careful when you create your account, as you will be receiving your Firestick on the same Amazon account. You can change it later if you wish!
Instructions for FireStick Setup
Here is how to setup your Amazon Firestick in simple easy steps.
Step#1 Preparing the Setup
Take your Fire TV Stick device out of its packing and observe it. You will see a micro-USB and an HDMI. Make sure you plug the USB cord directly into the micro-USB port which you can see on your Firestick. Plug the other end of the cord into a Power Adapter.
Connect the Power Adapter to a nearby power outlet.
Note the number of the HDMI port and plug the Firestick to the HDMI port number you have remembered previously.
Noting the HDMI port number is important as you will be required to turn ON the HDMI you have plugged Firestick in.
Turn on the TV and look for the corresponding HDMI portal you have previously plugged in your Firestick. Once the Firestick is geared in you will see the Firestick logo loading on the Screen.
It may take some time for the startup of your Firestick.
Setting up the Remote: Now it is time to setup the Firestick remote.
First and foremost insert high quality two AAA batteries in the remote.
The FireStick remote smartly pairs up with the Firestick device.
In case it does not pair up, you can press on the Home Button for a little over 10 seconds. This will set the Firestick in the discovery mode and your pairing will be all set and done.
Press on the option of ‘Play/ Pause’ for initiation of he start-up process.
As soon as Firestick is launched, you will be asked your preferred language. Choose the desired language you want to proceed with.
Press on ‘Select/OK’ for the final set of language.
Step#2 Connecting the Firestick to your Wi-Fi Connection
Firestick now will automatically scan for any available Wi-Fi connection it can find for connecting. Make sure your Wi-Fi is within the range.
Look for your Wi-Fi connection and enter your SSID and your set password for connectivity.
Step#3 Log in your Firestick woth your Amazon Account
This step is more like a registration step for the Firestick to start and launch. If you have ordered it directly from Amazon, your Firestick device will be already pre-registered.
Click on the option of ‘I already have an Amazon account’.
If that is not the case, you can follow the instructions if you choose the ‘I am new to Amazon’ option.
Step#4 Finalizing the FireStick Setup Process
As soon as the registration is finalized, you will be asked for remembering your Wi-Fi password by your Amazon Account.
If you want to in sync multiple Amazon accounts on your FireStick. Click on ‘Yes’. If you do not wish to connect any of your devices select ‘No’.
You will required to set up a PIN. This PIN will be required by you for most Firestick activities.
If you do not wish for parental control, Click on the ‘No Parental Control’ option.
In the next pop-up window which follows, click on ‘Get Started’.
You will now be taken for choosing your preferred streaming services and apps. You can either choose the ones you want or simply click on ‘No thanks’.
If you have bought the latest FireStick with TV control buttons, then keep reading for more notes on Firestick Setup.
You will be seeing this screen during the setting up process, Click on ‘Next’.
Check for the Volume update by clicking on Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
Click on ‘Yes’ if you have heard the sound and ‘No’ if you have not.
In case of ‘No’ the entire process will be repeated.
Your Fire TV is successfully synced once you see the following message on your Fire TV.
You have successfully achieved Firestick Setup.
Getting Started with Firestick
Get started with Firestick immediately to have all the exciting things waiting for your entertainment.
- Jailbreaking your Firestick Device– You will have to jailbreak your Firestick to make the most out your device. Check out our Jail breaking method under 2 minutes here.
Installing FireStick Apps
Always Make Sure You are Safe!
While most of you may or may not know, Governments and ISPs worldwide have a strict check on their users online activities. In case, any copyrighted content is found streaming, you can land into serious consequences which may be as severe as suspending of your online account. Please know, that your current IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone. We therefore urge you to get started with a reliable Firestick VPN immediately. This will help cover your identity via VPN’s multiple servers, while giving you the premium viewing experience.
IPVanish has been the fastest and most reliable secure VPN we have come across so far. Their servers are widespread and strictly secured. The VPN is very easy to install and user-friendly on every device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are not sure about the app, it comes with a 7-day money back guarantee with a refund. IPVanish also has a very attractive deal in which, when paid for a whole year subscription you can avail 46% discount on your annual plan!
Register for IPVanish VPN, by clicking on the link
- On your FireStick device, go to the homepage and type in and search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ in your search bar.
- Click on the IPVanishVPN you see in your search.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, you would need to register with the username and password information you must have provided while registering.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘Connect’.
- Soon you would be connected. You can disconnect from the connection whenever you wish to stop using a VPN.
Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Hotstar are the living examples of how fast online streaming has gripped TV viewing for the mass entertainment industry.
Video streaming is acknowledged widely and we can safely say you have made a smart choice by selecting Firestick.
Let us know in the comment section below, how you are enjoying your Amazon experience.