Cord-Cutting is the new trend of this decade and if you count yourself as a cord-cutter and are familiar with the trending streaming services, then you surely would have heard of MX Player for Firestick as well.
What is MX Player? MX Player is a video player that installs within an app and even though it has been designed for Android devices but streaming devices such as the forever famous Amazon Firestick also support it.
Since we have already mentioned the compatibility of MX Player on Firestick device, let us also tell you that if you have successfully Jailbroken your Amazon Firestick then MX Player will easily run on all the streaming apps available.
Why use MX Player on Firestick or on other devices?
The main perk of using MX Player is for its capability to play Subtitles on any streaming content. Furthermore, you would be happy to know that MX Player hardly buffers on movies and TV shows. Which is a huge benefit to say the least!
- It can play all types of movie files. ( .avi .divx, .3gp, .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .f4v .flv .wmv .webm .mov .vob and others)
- It comprises of the HW+ decoder and an Advanced Hardware Accelerated decoding.
- Offers an enhanced hi10p support.
- The Processor optimization is available.
- For the ARM® NEON™ compliant processors, it offers High-speed rendering .
- It offers processor specific Codecs such as the Tegra 2 processor.
- You can increase and decrease the Playback Speed using two finger swipe.
- You can also go to Menu then Play and then Speed to precisely control the playback speed.
- It also has various decoding modes (SW, HW, HW+).
- The playback runs smoothly because of the Advanced Hardware Accelerated Decoders.
- You can easily switch between the decoding modes.
- You can also avail the option for moving forward/backward.
- The A-B repeat is available.
- Aspect ratio selection is also included in MX Player.
- The option for Deinterlacing is also available in the SW decoder only.
- You can see the previews during seeking.
- The Keyboard shortcuts can also be easily used.
- You can change the elapsed time and remaining time.
Why use a VPN with MX Player?
While most of you may or may not know, Governments and ISPs worldwide have a strict check on their users online activities. In case, any copyrighted content is found streaming, you can land into serious consequences which may be as severe as suspending of your online account. Please know, that your current IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone. We therefore urge you to get started with a reliable Firestick VPN immediately. This will help cover your identity via VPN’s multiple servers, while giving you the premium viewing experience.
IPVanish has been the fastest and most reliable secure VPN we have come across so far. Their servers are widespread and strictly secured. The VPN is very easy to install and user-friendly on every device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are not sure about the app, it comes with a 7-day money back guarantee with a refund. IPVanish also has a very attractive deal in which, when paid for a whole year subscription you can avail 46% discount on your annual plan!
Register for IPVanish VPN, by clicking on the link
- On your FireStick device, go to the homepage and type in and search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ in your search bar.
- Click on the IPVanishVPN you see in your search.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, you would need to register with the username and password information you must have provided while registering.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘Connect’.
- Soon you would be connected. You can disconnect from the connection whenever you wish to stop using a VPN.
Install MX Player on Firestick in 3 Steps
Step 1: Complete the Installation of the Downloader App
Firestick cannot complete direct downloads from the browser. Hence, if you wish to download the MX Player you have to adopt the way of the APK file for which you need to take the help of the Downloader App.
- Visit the Firestick’s Home Screen and navigate to the Search option given at the top left side of the screen.
- Then enter ‘Downloader’ and tap on it as soon as you see it in the search results.
- Now tap on the icon for Downloader.
- Complete the app’s downloading.
Step 2: Give Permission to Unknown Sources
1. Visit the top side of the home screen of Firestick and tap on Settings. Then tap on My Fire TV and access it.
2. Then click on “Developers Option“.
3. If you have never installed a third party app before then you would need to switch on the Unknown Sources option. Tap on it once to toggle the slider to ON.
4. You would now be shown a warning message. You can simply ignore it because MX Player is safe. Tap on Turn On.
Step 3: Complete the Installation of MX Player on Firestick
1. Now when you launch the Downloader App, navigate towards the right side of the page and tap on URL field.
2. Then tap on Go and enter the following address in the URL field https://www.firestickjailbreak.net/mxp
3. Now the MX Player APK file will take some time to download.
4. Once it has finished downloading, tap next in the lower left corner of the page.
5. Then on the next window, Tap Install.
6. Installation will require a few minutes. Once the app has been installed you will be prompted on the screen.
7. On the next page click “Delete” to free up space on Firestick.
8. Tap delete once more for confirmation.
MX Player Usage on FireStick
For using MX Player it needs to be integrated with other streaming apps to playback the video.
Even though many streaming apps have their own in built media players you can still use an external player like MX Player for an enhanced experience.
- The first method is by visiting the Settings section and select your default player as MX Player.
- The second method is to select the external player before you start the playback.
Before You Leave…
In the end it is imperative to mention that MX Player is a must-have media player app in your Firestick arsenal. This app does not consume much space and neither presents any buffering issues. If you have any queries feel free to mention in the comments section below.