Looking for a reliable Video ON Demand service? Vudu should be your go to choice and we will be telling you why.
Vudu is one of the most reliable Video on Demand service which provides users an open access to huge libraries of entertainment. You get to watch amazing movies and TV shows on your personal demand.
Unlike other of its kind, Vudu does not require a monthly subscription.
Instead of the monthly payment cycle, you can directly pay for your favorite movies and TV shows individually. You can either buy it or rent the content.
This is a value added feature for those viewers who are not looking for big libraries of content but independent movies and shows to watch.
Therefore Vudu offers special benefits and rates from time to time for purchasing or renting their services.
You can also rent the entire library or the category you want to stream.
Vudu is compatible with almost all of the operating devices. Here are some of the following:
- Android TV Boxes
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Vizio etc)
- Web Browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
Look out for more information from the official website of Vudu.
Vudu is not available on the Amazon App store and therefore it needs to be sideloaded on Amazon Firestick.
If you are using an Android Box or device, you can easily download it directly from Google Play services. Lets dig right into how you can install Vudu on Firestick in few easy steps.
Before you proceed, Please know…
Always protect yourself with a reliable and fast VPN services. We recommend you masking your activities from the public portals, especially with cyber crime on the loose.
While most of you may or may not know, Governments and ISPs worldwide have a strict check on their users online activities. In case, any copyrighted content is found streaming, you can land into serious consequences which may be as severe as suspending of your online account. Please know, that your current IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone. We therefore urge you to get started with a reliable Firestick VPN immediately. This will help cover your identity via VPN’s multiple servers, while giving you the premium viewing experience.
IPVanish has been the fastest and most reliable secure VPN we have come across so far. Their servers are widespread and strictly secured. The VPN is very easy to install and user-friendly on every device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are not sure about the app, it comes with a 7-day money back guarantee with a refund. IPVanish also has a very attractive deal in which, when paid for a whole year subscription you can avail 46% discount on your annual plan!
Register for IPVanish VPN, by clicking on the link
- On your FireStick device, go to the homepage and type in and search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ in your search bar.
- Click on the IPVanishVPN you see in your search.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, you would need to register with the username and password information you must have provided while registering.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘Connect’.
- Soon you would be connected. You can disconnect from the connection whenever you wish to stop using a VPN.
Install Vudu on Firestick
Go to the Main Menu of your Firestick and click on on the option of settings.
Click on the option of My Fire TV.
Next choose the option of Developer Options.
Further click on the option of Unknown Sources.
Click on Turn ON.
Vudu is tested and completely secure for streaming purposes. However it is not from official Kodi repo therefore it falls into the third party app category.
Return to the main home screen Firestick and click on the option of Search.
We will be using the Downloader app to sideload Vudu on Firestick.
Simply hover over the search icon and type in Downloader.
The Downloader app which will come in the options, click on it.
Once you have selected the Downloader app, click on Download.
Click on Open.
If you see the option of Get that is because the Downloader app is already downloaded on your Firestick.
Click on Get in that case.
Next click on the pop-up of ‘Allow’.
Proceed with clicking on the option of OK.
You will be retrieved to the small window with a pathway URL.
If you make any typos error, there are fair chances that you will not be able to download the right addon/app.
Click on Go.
You will be redirected to the official website now. Scroll down the screen until you see the Vudu Application visible on your screen.
Hover over the option of Vudu TV and click on ‘VUDU for Fire TV’.
The VUDU Apk file will begin downloading.
Wait for a few minutes for the downloading to be complete.
Next click on Install option.
Then click on Done.
Now that you will be back to the main screen, click on the option of Delete.
This will make sure that no added information is eating up your storage space.
Once again click on Delete for the complete deletion to happen.
Now revert back to the main Kodi Home screen. There in the Your apps & Channels list click on the option of See All.
You will be able to view all of the apps in horizontal distribution. Scroll down to find Vudu there.
Click on the Options button.
There you can click on the option of Move to move the app anywhere on the screen you wish.
We have moved Vudu on the front of the Your Apps & Channels option.
That is all you need to do for installation of Vudu.
The Vudu app is successfully installed on your Fire TV.
Lets get into the Sign-Up process for launching the Vudu App.
Open the Vudu App.
You can view the neat blue display of Vudu App.
Isn’t it refreshing to look at the app?
Anyhow you will see the option of either Signing In or Signing Up.
If you have an account already you can simply enter your details and get started with app immediately.
If not, then keep reading we will tell you how you can sign up for Vudu Account.
The sign up is super easy and you will be on Vudu App even before you know. You can use either the app or the website for singing up.
We will be walking you through Vudu Sign Up using Firestick.
Launch Vudu App and click on Sign Up.
Enter in Your Email Address and password details and click on Continue.
You are all done for the signing up process.
For email verification purposes and a welcome message, check your email.
Click on the welcome email you receive. Next, Click on the welcome image and you will arrive on the Vudu website.
Once on the Vudu website, click on Sign In on the right part of the display.
Enter your email address you created your account with.
You are now officially on Vudu Account. The email you have previously signed in with,will be visible on the top right corner of your screen.
Since Vudu is all about renting and buying movies and TV shows, you will be required to mention all of your financial details.
You are all done. Make sure to keep an eye on any of the benefits Vudu occasionally offers. On our recommendation especially lookout for the rent offers.
Features and Details about Vudu App
Vudu app on Firestick presents great user interface with amazing display features and a very easy navigation layout to get through. The categories are there on the left side of the display.
Apart from Vudu renting and purchasing services, it also is a very interesting streaming app.
The streaming app is an another important aspect of the Vudu App. For people who are not able to purchase or rent the entertainment content of the Vudu app.
You wouldn’t be able to save a lot of money with renting and purchasing. There are alternate options as Kodi Addons you might want to check out later.
Nevertheless you will not be able to see such huge libraries all in one place. Therefore they have much compelling library and categories and this is why they have a thriving domain.
You can even access the rental videos and content through Walmart. However be mindful that most of the rental content can be a little expensive for regular customers.
Our Favorite Vudu Features
- The experience of VOD feature has been quite a ride for us given how video on demand feature is a rare find.
- The app is very user friendly with a huge content library to look out for.
- You will easily be able to look for amazing content by simply navigating to the main categories displayed on the welcome home page.
- The movie section has an auto-generated one play system, meaning streaming will start automatically start playing without any clicks required.
- The vudu app does not have a fixed user interface option. You can customize your rental schedules and price ranges according to your need.
- Since renting out movies and TV shows on regular basis may come off as a hassle at times, vudu is considerate enough to offer different perks and extra offers at different times of the year
- If you are smart enough to manage your purchases, always look out for the classic editions or the package additions as a beginner, this way you will not be spending a lot of money while having to pay for more than one movie or show.
- The shows are often upgraded and you can also rent out a single episode or a special season which you would not be able to find on any streaming site or any other such platform.
- The content is organized well with a good arrangement category to search your content from. The library also has the same arrangement which is very neat and easy to get through.
- If you install it on Firestick while you have purchased your Firestick new, vudu often offers a free movie section.
- At times you will be able to stream free movies and shows with limited advertisements pop up.
Our Final Verdict…
Having Vudu on Firestick is a great experience we encourage for almost all of our readers. If you are someone who enjoys Video on Demand yet you are hesitant to look elsewhere on any unknown platforms. We strongly encourage you to download Vudu App.
You get to experience phenomenal options of content which may not be available anywhere else as a VOD option.
The categories are all laid out. The features helps you record, pause and later on re watch your favorite shows and movies. The storage capacity within the app itself is also very impressive.
We definitely recommend our users to try Vudu on Firestick and let us know how they felt about the app.
We would love to feature more Apps and Addons. Comment below about what would you like to read next or how can we make your experience better for you.