Using an Old TV set and do not have enough budget to get a smart TV? No worries you can amp up your Old TV with smart TV functionality using the exclusive Amazon Firestick Device.
Since Firestick device only begins at a cost of $39.99, it is highly pocket friendly.
However, you must keep in mind that just like any other technical device, FireStick can encounter issues as well, most common one being FireStick Buffering Issues.
Even though this is very unfortunate and frustrating when one has to stop their favorite show in the middle due to buffering trouble but there are fixes to get rid of it.
Many at times, this trouble figures out to issues with one’s internet being disconnected or the connection being slow in itself. Lets take a deep analysis into the causes and potential solutions of Firestick Buffering Issues.
What are the Reasons for Firestick Buffering Issues?
Following are some of the reason why your FireStick device might be having buffering issues. We have got you covered! Because given below them are the easy solutions about what you can do to fix them.
Slow internet connection
This is one of the major and most common reason behind buffering issues. FireStick provides you access to unlimited streaming content but it does so at a cost.
You need a good internet connection to make sure that the devices runs smooth. We recommend you have atleast 10 Mbps for 1080p and 20 Mbps for 4K streaming.
So before you blast out because of buffy episode, we suggest you check your internet speed.
Don’t be surprised when we tell you that your ISP can deliberately slow down your internet speed if they detect too much streaming activities.
We understand why you would want to try every new fancy app that comes your way on FireStick but if you are now having buffering issues, it’s time to stop doing that.
Unnecessary applications that are installed on your device may overload it and ultimately slow down its performance. Make sure that you are deleting the apps that are no longer in use.
Modem placed away FireStick
This one is not rocket science! A WiFi placed far away from the FireStick device would always result in buffering issues. This is because the signal strength would be too weak to buffer media efficiently.
Running low on RAM because of background apps
It is possible that many background apps are running on FireStick which are leading to buffering issues.
Running low on storage
With only 8 GB space available, how much do you expect to store on FireStick? It is very common for the users to overload the device. This can cause buffering issues too.
The problem of slowed-down buffering is common with users who are already experiencing FireStick overheating issues. Here is what you can do to get rid of FireStick overheating.
Outdated FireStick OS
In come cases simply updating your operating system would solve the buffering issues.
Easy Fixes For FireStick Buffering Issues
Restart Your FireStick Device
This is a general fix for the buffering issue. If you can’t figure out what’s wrong, simply restart the FireStick. Here is how you can do that:
- Click on Settings and then open My Fire TV.
Here click on Restart and then Confirm the restarting process.
Do Not Allow FireStick Device to Collect Data From All Applications
- Open Settings From the home-screen of your FireStick device.
- Click Applications and select Collect App Usage Data.
- Turn it Off.
Select Your Preferences
- Open Settings from the FireStick home-screen.
- Click Preferences. Then select Data Monitoring.
- Turn it Off.
- Move back to homepage and select Notification settings.
- Here turn off the notifications for all the apps that you don’t want to follow.
- Move back again one more time. Now select Featured Content.
- You will be able to locate two options: Allow Video Autoplay and Allow Audio Autoplay. Turn both of these Off.
Improve Your WiFi Signal Strength
- Open Settings from the home-screen of the FireStick device. Click on Network.
- Click on your WiFi name. You will see the status under Signal Strength. If it says weak, you have successfully found out the reason behind your FireStick buffering issue.
- Fix your WiFi closer to the device and check again. You can also check if there are other electrical devices around your modem. These can interfere with WiFi signals.
Invest In a Reliable VPN
- Like we mentioned before, ISPs can deliberately slow down your internet. You can avoid this by using a good VPN.
A good VPN will mask your identity and let you access large range of geo-restricted data. Not only this, as the ISPs can not track your streaming activities now, they will not be bothering you by slowing down the internet speed.
While most of you may or may not know, Governments and ISPSs worldwide have a strict check on their users online activities. In case, any copyrighted content is found streaming, you can land into serious consequences which may be as severe as suspending of your online account. Please know, that your current IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone. We therefore urge you to get started with a reliable Firestick VPN immediately. This will help cover your identity via VPN’s multiple servers, while giving you the premium viewing experience.
IPVanish has been the fastest and most reliable secure VPN we have come across so far. Their servers are widespread and strictly secured. The VPN is very easy to install and user-friendly on every device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are not sure about the app, it comes with a 7-day money back guarantee with a refund. IPVanish also has a very attractive deal in which, when paid for a whole year subscription you can avail 46% discount on your annual plan!
Register for IPVanish VPN, by clicking on the link
- On your FireStick device, go to the homepage and type in and search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ in your search bar.
- Click on the IPVanishVPN you see in your search.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, you would need to register with the username and password information you must have provided while registering.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘Connect’.
- Soon you would be connected. You can disconnect from the connection whenever you wish to stop using a VPN.
Update the FireStick OS to latest version.
Your FireStick can update automatically whenever an update is available. Otherwise, this is what you can do to update the OS of your FireStick.
- Open Settings and then click on My Fire Tv.
- Click on About and then Check for Updates.
- Click on Update if your system is not Up to date.
- Open the Settings. Then click on Applications.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications.
- From the list of Apps , select the applications that are having buffering issues.
- You can clear date and cache from here.
- Clearing data will remove all the data related to app such as sign-in information. Clearing cache will just get rid app cache and save the rest of the data.
Clear FireStick RAM
- Open Settings. Then look for Background Apps and Process List.
- Open the app and un-check Open app on boot. Then click on Got it.
- You will be able to identify all the apps running in the background. Click on Close All Apps.
- Click on Force Stop. You will be asked to confirm by pressing Force Stop again.
Make Use of Real-Debrid
Real-Debrid is compatible with a wide range of FireStick apps. These apps and Kodi addons connect to public servers. These public servers are openly available and therefore they are mostly available.
Before they slow-down, or start giving buffering issues get help of Real-Debrid. Its access is only limited to premium users and have a lower influx. You can use Real-Debrid with CyberFlix TV, Bee TV and many more.
We hope that this article will help you fix buffering issues. You can try your hands on a couple of different solutions to see which one works better.