Seems like you have successfully Jailbroken Firestick, and you are all hyped up to get started with Firestick but wait! why isn’t that remote control working? Do not fret, we have alternate Firestick Remote Apps to replace your Firestick remote.
The Amazon Firestick has become a huge platform for cord cutters, and we are honestly happy with cutting the cords with Firestick. There are many reasons for be happy about our decision.
# TBT Alert! Giving you a little revamp of our journey here
Jailbreaking helped us explore more apps, without the ‘premium version in $$$$’ blow on our wallets.
If that was not enough we learnt how we were getting to watch our daily morning alerts, shows, news, live games, family shows and what not, all through a tiny device. And above all we were saving up to $139 a month! Crazy isn’t it?
There’s so much to explore with Firestick. We have been raving about it for almost a year and we are still on one tenth of the IPTV’s one fourteenth channel list, and we have not even touched some of the other categories as yet.
There is honestly no limit with Firestick. Everything is just a click away!
With that we come back to our viewing comfort reality, that is taking the remote controls for granted until we are no longer able to find it under the sofa couch, and that is exactly when the panic sets in.
What would I do without a remote!
Don’t worry, Amazon knew this day would come, and like for all our such problems, Amazon has a solution and that is the alternate Firestick Remote Apps control for Firestick.
In this article we will be covering the best of Firestick Remote Apps. We will be talking about best remote alternatives, how you can fix your remote and how you can pair it.
Let’s get our misplaced control back in action shall we?
Before you Proceed Please Read…
While most of you may or may not know, Governments and ISPs worldwide have a strict check on their users online activities. In case, any copyrighted content is found streaming, you can land into serious consequences which may be as severe as suspending of your online account. Please know, that your current IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone. We therefore urge you to get started with a reliable Firestick VPN immediately. This will help cover your identity via VPN’s multiple servers, while giving you the premium viewing experience.
IPVanish has been the fastest and most reliable secure VPN we have come across so far. Their servers are widespread and strictly secured. The VPN is very easy to install and user-friendly on every device including the Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you are not sure about the app, it comes with a 7-day money back guarantee with a refund. IPVanish also has a very attractive deal in which, when paid for a whole year subscription you can avail 46% discount on your annual plan!
Register for IPVanish VPN, by clicking on the link
- On your FireStick device, go to the homepage and type in and search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ in your search bar.
- Click on the IPVanishVPN you see in your search.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded, you would need to register with the username and password information you must have provided while registering.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘Connect’.
- Soon you would be connected. You can disconnect from the connection whenever you wish to stop using a VPN.
So far the best app which is being feature at the moment is without a doubt CetusPlay Remote. It is one of the best Firestick remote apps out there in the market because of several healthy reasons.
For ease of user use, there are a couple of mode through which you can easily navigate through the apps and Fire TV.
- The Mouse Mode- this mode is quite interesting; it swaps your smartphone as the mouse. You will use your phone to take control of the Firestick.
- The Touch pad Mode- this is quite simple and convenient. With this ode he Touch pad navigation is activated. However, the only limitation is that if you are using Fire TV with the Firestick, that way you would have to stand up and go to the screen and touch on the screen multiple times to get where you want.
- The Keyboard Mode- exactly how it sounds, you get connected to a keyboard and you navigate through the apps etc.
- The Direction Pad Mode- if you have ever used joystick, then this mode only requires that. Just like you control gaming device. You can simply plug in the joystick with your Firestick and through the buttons you are all set to navigate to the different options of Firestick app.
These modes pretty much cover a lot for remote alternative for Firestick. The user interface is incredibly useful and you will even find a very helpful manual with the CetusPlay app.
Another best part about CetusPlay is that it comes with multiple language features. You can use the remote app in different language. Makes the app even more user friendly.
Kore Remote is another best in line featured Firestick Remote App because of its great visual effects and very easy on screen instructions. The only drawback is it is limited to Kodi. So in case you are a Kodi User you might want to have this app installed for any future reference.
This particular Firestick remote app comes real handy for Kodi nevertheless. It does not control any other application.
Like all the great remote apps, it come with the features of huge language support library, library browsing controls, and a huge bulk of color themes as well. Almost all Kodi users are a huge fan of this app even if they have the remote.
Amazon Fire TV Remote
As the name suggest this is very much Fire TV’s own remote application. It is specifically designed to download Firestick device. It is available for downloading on your smartphone. Simply go to the main search icon of your Fire TV or on Amazon Prime App on your phone and download the app from there.
The best part about this Firestick remote app is that it is exactly like Firestick remote control but what escalates this app amongst others is that it comes with few extra features. It requires WiFi at all times for featuring some options on Fire TV though.
To use you your phone and Fire TV should be connected to the same WiFi device, and the remote app and Firestick will automatically connect.
Once you have been connected you can follow through the small pop-ups to navigate through multiple options and directions. In our opinion this is a pretty decent app to have.
Limitless Remote App
Another great featured Firestick remote apps, we have used and absolutely loved. Apart from Fire TV and Firestick control it can be used for other devices too but let’s keep that for another time.
For Firestick user it comes with a full load of features. These features make the remote app using a tad bit fun and we will tell you how does it do that.
Just like CetusPlay Remote it offers various modes.
- The 4 Way D-pad Mode– with this mode you are getting the advanced directional control just through your basic joystick.
- Next comes the Joystick Mode– in this mode it is again the basic joystick control mode which is quite basic but again is very easy for simple user interaction with Fire TV.
- The keyboard mode- in this mode you connect to a keyboard to get through all of your navigation system on Firestick.
- The mouse mode- it is quite simple, and exactly how it sounds. All you have to do is connect to a mouse and you are all set to use your Firestick.
You can install it on your mobile as a mobile app and use it from there. as soon as you install the application you will automatically connected to the Firestick
You will find some fun tweaks here and there. It may not be very much of interest for some users however the display layout for the app might not be very much of interest to most people.
Harmony Remote App is another application which can be used as a remote control from your phone. All you need to do is download it on your smartphone. This particular application however is a little different from others as it does not require WiFi for connectivity.
You will be connecting it via Bluetooth which makes it quite portable as well. This particular application is protected by a password and therefore it limits the open access control to your TV.
All it requires is one time pairing connection with the device and you are all set to use it without any interruptions. Like other Firestick remote apps, it allows you to navigate through multiple modes, however our recommended ones are Keypad mode and direct mode.
DroidMote Remote control
This one is very minimal in its user interface with no around the clock special settings. it sits straight lying on your face as soon as you open the application. The display layout is again very obvious and user friendly. It is an excellent choice for controlling your Firestick.
You can easily navigate through various programs, channels, apps and other tools and features. It strictly features a D-pad mode. So far there has been no other mode features.
AnyMote Universal Remote
This remote app finally wraps up our hunt for the best remote app alternative. Like all the other remote app alternatives, it comes in handy on your smartphone with multiple modes to look out from. you can use it for more than just Amazon Firestick.
Amazon Firestick Remote App Alternative
Rii Wireless Keyboard
This is not an app but a tool replacement if you are interested in going for an extra mile for your Firestick remote control. In case you are looking for an alternative remote control replacement. A little investment it may seem like however it comes with amplified apps and functions of the remote control.
It eases your side loading of the application which previously could not be installed through a remote control or an app.
Apart from the availability of the Wi-Fi connection, you can use it on other various devices through Bluetooth feature. It offers:
- A touch pad
- Li-ion battery
- An extensive QWERTY keypad
There are different models for Rii, and we really like the mini Rii i8+ 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard for immediate users. Please make sure you are thoroughly checking which version you have bought for yourself before making a purchase.
Besides you can check out Mouse Toggle feature for easy navigation of mouse through Firestick.
How to Use Amazon Firestick Remote App
We understand how you will be more inclined towards using Amazon Fire TV remote App through for your Firestick.
You can install the app very easily on your Android OS and Amazon Hardware devices by simply going to the app store and downloading the app directly.
Once you have installed the app, the use of remote from their onward is an easy navigation step.
How to use Amazon Fire TV Remote app
Fire up your Fire TV on your Android iOS or any other hardware device you are using.
The soft pad display on your screen, tap on it. This is the control functioning of the remote TV app.
To navigate through the system, all you have to do is click on the navigation buttons the way you can see them on your remote. All you have to do is swipe around like other Firestick remote apps to make it functional.
It also features a voice control for your Firestick which you can control from your app device. All you have to do is voice search for the app and you will be able to see save $30 from an additional voice enabled remote.
In case Firestick remote is not working you do not have to dump it and use an alternate app for the cause.
Here are few easy fixes which you can do to make it compatible with your device.
- Unplug your device from the outlet and wait for 1 minute to refresh the feed itself and plug it back in. this is a quick refresh treat for your Firestick remote.
- Remove the batteries and put them back inside the remote and try using the remote again.
- Use new batteries and try using the remote again.
Pairing your Firestick Remote
- Simply Turn your Firestick in and Plug back the Fire TV/ Stick in.
- On your Home screen press and hold down the Home Button for a couple of seconds.
- A small message will pop up on your screen acknowledging that the pairing has been complete.
- If the message does not appear, click on the remote again for 20 seconds.
- Repeat this process until the remote is paired. It can take up to 10 tries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I reset my Firestick remote?
Simply remove the batteries wait for few minutes and place the batteries back in.
Can I use the Firestick with a Remote?
Yes! look up for all the apps and alternative you can get from our guide above!
In The End
No need to hustle around if your Firestick remote is not working simply go for the top remote apps we have listed above and get rid of the troubled remote once and for all.